Monday, October 26, 2015

Hey guys hows everyone doing!

Well turns out I'm not that great at Futbol, and worked up a pretty serious sweat playing with some muchachos the other night!  It was good fun though, and I eventually scored haha... i got plenty of time to get better though!



Here's a collection of some photos from the week:
Baliadas.... pretty simple, but super good
the secret is the cheese... here its super different... almost like goat cheese 
but baliadas are super good




just some kiddos



This next pic shouldnt suprise anyone haha!!
He uses it to drive tourists around, he says he talks with lots of gringos! It was pretty easy to start talking to him.... although he doesn't like his cruiser much lol 


I whipped up a mad breakfast of chocolate pancakes and bacon! It's a little difficult when all the instructions and ingredients are in spanish but it wasnt too bad. I helped out my companion to his first experience with bacon this morning and chocolate pancakes haha



During a lesson, in an area thats right next to the beach, this kid drew this in the sand which was cool! 







 Spanish, its pretty good, although my comp keeps scheduling english lessons with this lady, and realistically its a pain to teach english.  Its super complicated and I don't even understand all the rules, plus I don't know enough Spanish to explain! I'd rather use my language study time for Spanish but its all good. All in all the spanish is getting better so its a lot more easy for me to stay focused in lessons and classes on Sunday's. We had an event in the church
a kinda walk through activity about the plan of salvation.  We set up different rooms to represent the different kingdoms of glory, and I was designated to be Jesus. I had a couple lines
but in the end, I was waiting in the room, that was made to be all white... representing the Celestial kingdom, and I watched all the kids pour in and kind of had a glimpse of what the Lord experiences, and what he wants us all to achieve.  It was pretty peaceful.

Well, we got 2 baptismal dates for this couple that I really like, which is good!  However they are not truly married, a lot of people here are married, but not legally married since it costs a good bit of money. So we are working to get them married, as well as the husband of a part member family.  We are also going to have a baptism for the kid that drew the Elder Dover in the sand.  He's 10 years old, and he's pretty cool and likes me a lot. 

Well, since leaving home I've watched tons of different mormon videos.  One of them was on the last Sunday at the mtc.... basically my last day.  The video was about Joseph Smith, but focused on the growth and expansion of the church through early missionaries....And really it kinda hit me at that moment that I'm doing the same thing as them.  Im out here, expanding the church in a place far from home.  Its been a great experience so far, having investigators come unto christ.... but I've also gained a testimony in the importance of going to church. 
Its amazing how many people get baptize, just to not come to church within the next year.
However, I have seen a difference in people that struggle in general with life, and how much better 
they seem when they come to church the following week. 


Anyways hope everyones doing good!


Pictures don't do justice to how beautiful the mtns are




Be grateful for everything you guys have.... being out here has really made me grateful for all I have

Its difficult to be out here at times... lack of clean water, sometimes no running water, no power.... cold showers out of a bucket.... haha its an experience for sure, but it makes me all the more grateful for the things I have back at home!

hope everyone is doing well!