Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Hey guys hope everyone is good!
Its rained about everyday here, and when it rains it floods.....

Gets almost to my knees which is crazy!

Had pizza a couple times this week.... a relief from all the beans and rice and whatnot!


Had a basketball tournament today, and a little barbecue to raise money to get a couple married out here (no pics tho...)

been a crazy week... here's some pics from my area!









I spend too much money on choco bananas lol.  All the food and drinks here are pretty cheap, but when it comes to stuff like appliances and stuff made in the states and other countries its a lot more expensive. Like I got a haircut today for 40 lemp which is like 2 dollars, but a poncho was 170.  My haircut today, which was 40 lempiras,  which is less than 2 dollars.

here is some pics of my barbershop lol.  Its got one chair in the middle and a big mirror lol.... but I'm not complaining.... cheapest haircut I've ever gotten


The other day I saw a lady give CPR to a chicken that had been hit by a car..... weirdest thing ever..... the chicken was totally limp and dead, then it would randomly just spazz out... I was so confused but just couldn't stop watching this old lady give CPR to the flippin chicken laugh out loud...Well it was at the house of our cook, and the next day we had chicken. 

Here's our bathroom, it doesn't look that great, but before we didn't have a toilet lid, and the toilet seat wasn't screwed on so we got a new one today.  There wasn't a shower curtain.... there was a plastic bag that originally held a mattress and was thrown over the shower pole... and it was all black and dirty.... so its a lot better now! yeah it was pretty freaking nasty
idk why i didnt go buy this stuff sooner...oh wait yes i do.... I'm poor lol 
nah... but with 3 people splitting the cost its a lot cheaper
i do gotta withdraw some personal money though because that ate up a good chunk of my allowance 

We found a family in Imvasion.... and with all the rain it becomes a lake basically.... all the houses are on stilts somewhat.  Anyways I had two pairs of rain boots, but we have 3 elders....  so I went ahead and talked with the mother, since we were supposed to have a lesson next door... but they weren't there. So she said she would let us in, so we carried the other elder through the water lol and this water was like near my knees. It was all worth it... we taught about the family and the spirit just testified to her and she started crying and invited us for another lesson..... Which we had to again carry the elder over the water for the 2nd lesson lol.

 
hope everyone is doing good!