Saturday, August 15, 2015

Week 3

So I'm just about halfway done with my time in Mexico!
Im getting sick of the food, not that its awful, i just miss my cafe rio and canes....


My Spanish is getting a lot better, depending on the topic, I can be pretty fluent.... but my English is getting worse somehow..... I'm now just mediocre in two languages lol!

The Spanish is good, originally I was pretty frustrated because my companion has 5 years of Spanish under his belt, but I'm doing well now. 

We taught legit investigators from Mexico the other day  it was awesome, but tough too. My companion and I do pretty well though.  My companion and I have really good chemistry when it comes to lessons. We were teaching one of our practice investigators who changed it up and brought her daughter.... they act as members they actually met on their own Missions....So my companion and I had a lesson topic planned, but I started talking to the mid 20s daughter, and began asking questions about her relationship with God, as well as her family. We began down our lesson path, and I kind of picked things up and modified the lesson towards the importance of family, and testified of its importance in the Gospel. They started tearing up which was kinda odd since they were acting, but my teacher came out after me and told me I did a very good job of listening to the doubts of the daughter, and focusing the lesson on her needs without reading from any of the pamphlets or language aids...it was pretty sweet! 

The Doritos here are sick though.... if you can find these anywhere, try em....

The weather is great as usual, and the locals are insane still..... Mexico is very cool though... its not the typical spring break Mexico, but its still so nice.

 Hope everyone is doing well, within the next few weeks I'll finally be out to Honduras. I'm excited for it! I wish it would come faster, but I've got more Spanish to learn!!!! 

Letters are taking 3 weeks to arrive so if you sending mail start sending it to Honduras now!!!
Elder Broderick Keith Dover
Honduras San Pedro Sula East Mission 
12 Calle, Av Circunvalacion, S.O.
Edif. Yude Canahuati, 3 Nivel, Oficina 4
San Pedro Sula, Cortes
Honduras